- Protect the paint with a good Carnauba wax. Apply until there is a dry film covering all of the paint. Rub the film off with a microfiber cloth and your paint should shine like new. You can then put the seat and coverings back on the bike.
- Protect your seat with a conditioner for vinyl or leather.
- Clean and polish your windshield with a manufacturer recommended cleaner. Windex may not work on a plastic windshield.
- Clean chrome and aluminum with a metal polish. Protect both of them with a good waxing. A spoke cleaner will help with getting in between those tricky spokes.
- Do not use tire dressing because it can cause the tire to lose traction (Motorcycle tires are rounded, car tires are more square. The edge of a motorcycle tire is where most turning occurs and traction should be optimal.)
Once your bike is shining and pristine, take it out for a spin. If it is covered in bugs, you had a good time. As they say, wash, rinse and repeat!