Motorcycle Storage and Winterization Tips
Tips For Long-Term Storage or Winterization of your Motorcycle
Here are some tips for long-term storage or winterization of your motorcycle. These are general long-term storage and winterization tips. These tips may not be appropriate for all makes and models. We recommend reviewing the process with your local dealer.
Click here for Dealership Winterization and Storage Specials
Tips for Long Term Storage or Winterization
- Wash and wax your motorcycle.
- Fill up your gas tank and add the recommended amount of fuel stabilizer. By filling the tank you prevent condensation from building up and water from mixing with the fuel and the stabilizer prevents the fuel from breaking down. Be sure to run your engine to circulate the treated gas.
- Inflate your tires to the proper air pressure.
- Install a battery tender.
- Use a metal protectant spray to combat rust - (i.e. S100 or similar product available at your local dealer)
- Lubricate the chain.