The Best Places to Ride in New Jersey
From the Pine Barrens down south, to the Jersey shore, to Kittatiny Mountain in the north, New Jersey offers some of the best motorcycle routes on the east coast. So grab your friends and hit the roads to these amazing New Jersey destinations.
- Pine Barrens – Located in southern New Jersey, the Pine Barrens offer miles of winding roads that pass through scenic forests, wetlands, and historic towns. The Pine Barrens Adventure Camp Riding School hosts a GPS-guided off-road adventure tour called the PB500 for street-legal motorcycles.
- Delaware Water Gap – The Delaware Water Gap is a natural wonder located in the northern part of the state, with a scenic drive through the Appalachian Mountains that offers stunning views of the Delaware River. The historic Old Mine Road runs along the Delaware River and offers one of the most scenic rides in the state.
- Jersey Shore – The iconic Jersey Shore offers a variety of scenic coastal roads that wind through picturesque beach towns and offer views of the ocean. This route from Rumson through Sea Bright and on to Sandy Hook is amazing!
- Skylands Region – The Skylands Region is located in the northwestern part of the state and is home to the stunning High Point State Park, which offers panoramic views of the surrounding countryside.
- Palisades Interstate Park – This park is located along the Hudson River, offering breathtaking views of the New York City skyline, along with scenic roads that wind through the park’s rugged cliffs and forests. The Fort Lee Loop runs from the park up into New York’s Harriman State Park and back to New Jersey via Route 80.
- Upper Delaware Scenic Byway – The Upper Delaware Scenic Byway is a designated National Scenic Byway that follows the Delaware River and offers stunning views of the surrounding countryside, along with access to quaint river towns.
This site and articles contained herein are provided for general informational purposes only and are not a substitute or intended as professional advice. Please be sure to refer to your owner’s manual or consult a mechanic for information specific to your motorcycle. The information contained on this site and articles contained herein are provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness and without any warranties of any kind whatsoever, express or implied. Rider Insurance Company and its affiliates (together, “Rider”) assume no responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of this site and articles contained herein. Any action taken upon this information is strictly at your own risk and Rider will not be liable for any losses or damages in connection with your use of this site and articles. Additional terms and conditions apply and are available at https://www.rider.com/plymouth-rock-assurance-general-terms-and-conditions/.
Plymouth Rock Assurance is a marketing name used by a group of separate companies that write and manage property and casualty insurance in multiple states. Motorcycle insurance in New Jersey and Pennsylvania is underwritten by Rider Insurance Company. Each company is financially responsible only for its own insurance products. Actual coverage is subject to the language of the policies as issued by each separate company.