Rider Motorcycle License Requirements
Rider’s Underwriting Licensing Requirements
- All operators who are 20 years of age and younger operating any motorcycle with an engine size of 501 ccs or greater must have a valid Motorcycle Driver’s License.
- All operators operating a motorcycle categorized as a sport / high performance motorcycle are required to have a valid Motorcycle Driver’s License to be eligible for physical damage coverage or for limits of liability higher than the state minimum.
- All operators who are 20 years of age and younger operating any motorcycle with an engine size of 500 ccs or less must have at least a valid Motorcycle Permit.
- Operators who are 21 years of age and older operating a sport / high performance motorcycle are allowed to have a valid Motorcycle Permit, if they are purchasing Liability Coverage by itself, with no physical damage coverage and only at the state’s minimum liability limits.
- Any driver who is not licensed must be assigned to an off-road vehicle or moped for eligibility. An example of an off-road vehicle is an ATV.